Thursday 5 May 2011

In the Beginning....


Posted by PicasaIn the beginning, according to Pueblo mythology, Spider Woman or Grandmother Spider spun her silken threads from North to South and from East to West and so created the world. Her other name is Thinking Woman because merely by her thinking them, things came  into existence or they manifested when she spoke or sang her thoughts. Spider Woman took from the earth red, yellow, white and black clays and set about creating people..


This evening, leaving the office after a day of payroll systems and online p.whatevers, as I opened my car door I found a tiny spider, red yellow and black had spun a web across my drivers seat, which I had to gently remove in order to get in and get to my drawing class in time. Spiders are traditionally associated with the attraction of  money and killing them with the loss of wealth. Carspider reminded me that it was time to pick up the threads of my studio practice from where I left them in the Autumn as well as those of my Tuscan Dream....


I had no intention of creating a blog this evening. I didn't even know how to. But somehow, whilst searching in picasa editing for a way to enlarge an image, my curser hovered over the blog icon and before I even knew what it was....one thing led to another and here I am. Welcome to my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging carol - did the spider influence your drawings at your class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her message did - how focused was I on my arachnophobia-facing studio practice last summer?

    The life model at the MIMA class was wearing a suit and posed with a desk and telephone to coincide with the current exhibition. Do I prefer office or studio? Now let me think for a moment.....

    ReplyDelete